Johann Heinrich Busse (1763 – 1835), history Adjunct of the Academy of Sciences and “Gymnasium Corrector,” was appointed to the position of Sub-Librarian on September 19, 1788, replacing J.-G. Bakmeister, who had passed away. Since 1794, he was the Librarian. On February 23, 1797, he was appointed Director of the Academy’s Museum, replacing S.K. Kotelnikov, and had been carrying out these duties till May 1800. He was an Honorary Member of the Academy of Sciences since 1800.